Gas and electric top-up vouchers for residents in need
Groundwork’s Green Doctors have been successful in receiving top-up vouchers for households in need.
The top-up vouchers can be provided free as part of the Green Doctor Programme to households in danger of losing supply and help them to obtain prepaid electric or gas in their time of need.
Anyone with a pre-payment meter fitted at their home and struggling to pay for their energy can apply for help. Referrals can also be made by local authorities, charities and voluntary organisations.
Email Cheshiregreendoctor@groundwork.org.uk or call either 0808 1683547 or 07827 946666.
The Green Doctor Programme
Cheshire Green Doctor programme has been supporting households in the Cheshire area for 14 months. The programme supports households out of fuel poverty and helps them to save money by switching suppliers and is completely free.
Green Doctors can provide support in many ways including:
• Providing emergency support if your boiler is broken
• Supporting you with energy suppliers or United Utilities to deal with billing, debt or access to emergency top-ups
• Ensuring vulnerable households are included on the Priority Services Register
• Registration for Warm Home Discount, if applicable
• Providing advice on heating controls to save money
• Giving advice about damp, condensation and mould
• Providing tips on energy reduction within the home
• Providing access to grants for first time central heating, replacement boilers and property insulation
• Providing access to wider support, if needed.
Cheshire Green Doctor is available to support householders over the phone. They can also support by contacting energy companies and speaking on behalf of the householder, including them in the conversation. Many people find communicating with energy suppliers difficult intimidating; so they can support and deal with their concerns.
The funding for Cheshire Green Doctor is for private homes and privately rented accommodation only. However, in these times of concern, the service has been trying to support any household with a need.
The Cheshire Green Doctor service is funded by both the Cheshire Councils to help families and households.
Tel: 0808 1683547, Mob: 07827 946666.