Care Homes can get involved in National Day of Arts
The 2nd National Day of Arts in Care Homes 2020 is on 24 September 2020.
This year’s theme is Creative Communities and care homes can get involved in two ways: organising an arts activity or sharing stories about the way you have used the arts to keep care settings connected during Covid-19.
During the past few months there have been the most amazing examples of how the arts and creativity have been used to connect and build communities.
How to get involved:
Hold an activity or event on 24 September, using the arts to connect and build community.
• Why not connect with another care home and plan an activity together
• Organise a socially distanced arts activity
• Arrange a virtual visit to an art gallery or museum – the libraries e-resources has ideas. Visit the libraries for information.
Visit the Arts in Care Homes website for more information, activity ideas and resources.
You can download a ‘Get Involved’ pack, which contains resources to help set up and promote an event.
Help connect people and communities through arts and culture
Join our Age-friendly Arts, Culture and Intergenerational Action Group.
Collaborate with like-minded people, working to make life better through arts and culture by:
• Bringing communities and generations together
• Enabling and empowering older adults
• Challenging ageism, myths and stereotypes and promoting inclusion
• Seeing older adults not just as participants and recipients, but as artists, leaders and teachers
• Connecting communities and reducing social isolation and loneliness.
To find out more, email: email@example.com