Boost your businesses by becoming age friendly
Over the past few months, businesses have come together to find creative and innovative ways to support people during the COVID-19 crisis.
We want to give you the opportunity to continue this great work and be recognised for becoming an age-friendly business by supporting older members of our communities.
Together we are making our borough age-friendly and making our city, towns, villages and neighbourhoods great places to live, work and visit.
Being age-friendly involves local businesses, organisations, community groups and individuals working together.
Why should I be age-friendly?
• It makes good business sense
• You are demonstrating that you respect and value older customers and staff
• You are making a contribution to your local community
• You are playing your part in enabling older adults to live fuller more active lives
• By making a difference for older customers and people living with dementia you make
things better for everyone
How do I become an Age-friendly business?
Six simple steps:
- Make a commitment to become age-friendly
- Nominate an age-friendly ambassador – someone who can inspire others, be a champion for older customers and support your age-friendly commitment and actions.
- Talk to older customers to find out what works well and what could be improved
- Take action to make your business more age-friendly
The checklist can help you start to identify the things you are already doing to be Age-friendly and how you can make things even better
- Contribute to your community. Here are some examples:
Supporting local projects or community groups
Sharing your expertise
- Sign up and share your commitment and actions
Age-friendly Businesses will launch on 1 October 2020 on International Day of Older People (IDOP). Join us and make a difference in your community and be one of Cheshire West and Chester’s first Age-friendly Businesses. Find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org